Tuesday, January 02, 2007

He Just Doesn't Get It

We all know how separated from reality the Charlatan is, but I cannot resist posting the latest example. Finally confronted with the failure of the Iraqi state by his obsequious team players, he still insists on talking about "victory" in public. He told members of the Iraq Study Group, "its a word the American people understand." Yes, we understand that word and allow me to tell you that it does not apply to the mess in Iraq. He protests, "if I start to change it [the word] it will look like I'm beginning to change my policy." We just had an election in which his party lost both houses of Congress! So its safe to say that is exactly what the American people want--a change in policy.

Such a stubborn man! There is only one politically viable option in Iraq: to withdraw in a way to minimize further US casualties.

No comments: